The Street > The Lounge

Anyone heard from couch/Zodiac?

<< < (3/9) > >>

barcodebilly:
I know he does great work but more often than not, on smaller jobs he drags them out for a hell of a long time. That's based off of the 6 guys on here worried about their parts never showing so..

master:

--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on May 29, 2015, 11:45:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on May 29, 2015, 09:35:14 AM ---I like how couch gets a pass for being a shit businessman to the bmx world.

I still like his products tho.. :0

--- End quote ---

I don't think "shit businessman" is an accurate description. Dude is never not working. Shit falls through the cracks with everyone, especially smaller stuff when you have a ton of big projects you're working on. People cut him slack because they know he is accountable for the products he sells and isn't going to up and disappear after taking your loot like another infamous BMX machinist...

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Billy here, there are multiple instances of Ken dragging his feet for up to a year on relatively simple bmx jobs. He does great work and he's a cool guy... but that doesn't mean that a paying customer should get the shaft and then just be happy about it.

Prodigal Son:
What happened to the cyclops stems?

milhous:
Contact him on Instagram or send an email. Those usually work the best. As mentioned he is super busy as far as machine work goes.
Not sure on the delay for the dust caps unless he has to make more............

Also, a week or so back there was mention of a batch of stems that has been "long long awaited". I am hoping it was a subtle mention of the Cyclops.

Hank Chinaski:

--- Quote from: master on May 29, 2015, 02:09:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on May 29, 2015, 11:45:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on May 29, 2015, 09:35:14 AM ---I like how couch gets a pass for being a shit businessman to the bmx world.

I still like his products tho.. :0

--- End quote ---

I don't think "shit businessman" is an accurate description. Dude is never not working. Shit falls through the cracks with everyone, especially smaller stuff when you have a ton of big projects you're working on. People cut him slack because they know he is accountable for the products he sells and isn't going to up and disappear after taking your loot like another infamous BMX machinist...

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Billy here, there are multiple instances of Ken dragging his feet for up to a year on relatively simple bmx jobs. He does great work and he's a cool guy... but that doesn't mean that a paying customer should get the shaft and then just be happy about it.

--- End quote ---

Fast. Quality. Cheap.  You get to pick two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version