The Street > The Lounge

Anyone heard from couch/Zodiac?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Prodigal Son:
Behold, the bikeguide curmudgeon.

Dudes in mid twenties to thirties groaning and bitching. All of you will make fantastic specimens at the coffee shop in 30 something more years.

ginger:

--- Quote from: Alex. on June 16, 2015, 11:12:43 PM ---Long story short, I'm out a few hundred bucks and his buisnees no longer exsists. Comunication is key.

--- End quote ---

Fair call in your situation, but this seems a bit different. Having a proven track record in a community and not answering your emails is different to some guy who can't keep up with orders because he's a dunce.

As for bringing up your personal life, I just think your situation is funny and like to bring it up whenever I can. How are you surviving as the token guy?

Alex.:

--- Quote from: ginger on June 17, 2015, 06:36:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alex. on June 16, 2015, 11:12:43 PM ---Long story short, I'm out a few hundred bucks and his buisnees no longer exsists. Comunication is key.

--- End quote ---

Fair call in your situation, but this seems a bit different. Having a proven track record in a community and not answering your emails is different to some guy who can't keep up with orders because he's a dunce.

As for bringing up your personal life, I just think your situation is funny and like to bring it up whenever I can. How are you surviving as the token guy?

--- End quote ---

It's following a very similar path. The guy I'm referencing was a reputable seller/builder for years in the community. Only until he couldn't keep up with orders and spending customers money on personal finances rather than the parts themselves was when he started to go under.

Not saying that what couch is doing or anything but it follows the same path. Make good parts > sell small amount > be good seller. More orders come in > begin getting over loaded > miss email and ship dates > complaining customers.

As far as the radio stuff, it's going well. I have my own show Monday mornings now!

pegs:
he's already spelled it out for you, bmx is less than 5% of his business

in other words he doesn't give a shit, that 5% doesn't even equate to answering messages/updating on progress. someone who actually gave a shit would've chipped away at bmx jobs in his spare time, then let everyone know he won't be taking any more work on

Dr. Steve Brule:
I can definitely sympathize with Couch, when I was doing little bits and bobs for people, female axles, recessing stems etc, it was just a ballache, having to mess about going to post offices etc and waste my lunch break for the odd ten / twenty quid. Plus  when you bear in mind most BMXers can't spell or use Paypal it becomes a nightmare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version