The Street > The Lounge

Annual who still posts on BG thread.

<< < (14/15) > >>

Prodigal Son:
Its fucked up that its such a polarized political movement immediately without grieving etc.

That being said, I think trying to argue that you're going to bring in a concealed weapon to live out your favorite vigilante film in a church is insane.

Also, it makes me deeply think about my own faith. I believe that we have our own freewill and are not controlled as automatons. However, there is a bit of a crux in prayer that faith and recognition can overcome adversities. If that cannot be accomplished at a church, I find it hard to reason through it. I realize its not the first christian church to face burning, executions, etc. Maybe this is the first I thought to address it though.

ginger:
If a bunch of rich white kids getting shot in a kindergarten didn't change your perception of gun control, a bunch of old black people in a church sure as hell won't.

Prodigal Son:
Oh no, I'm full on gun control. I don't support the idea that this is the old west and gun battles should play out in the streets. Also, I'm not sure that's it's not apparent but I'm not emotionally (or mentally) stable and wouldn't own a gun based on that.

Boomhauer:
Regardless of the current topic, I'm still making a home made salt rock slide shotgun.. And don't lecture me, abide the law to your own standards.

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on June 18, 2015, 09:12:43 PM ---Its fucked up that its such a polarized political movement immediately without grieving etc.

That being said, I think trying to argue that you're going to bring in a concealed weapon to live out your favorite vigilante film in a church is insane.

Also, it makes me deeply think about my own faith. I believe that we have our own freewill and are not controlled as automatons. However, there is a bit of a crux in prayer that faith and recognition can overcome adversities. If that cannot be accomplished at a church, I find it hard to reason through it. I realize its not the first christian church to face burning, executions, etc. Maybe this is the first I thought to address it though.

--- End quote ---

Faith is something that's gonna be tested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version