The Street > The Lounge

Discussion: US 2016 Elections

<< < (3/25) > >>

alaskun:
a good oil painting of modern-day jesse ventura would look pretty (pre-1900s) presidential...

condrbkr:
Even though I'd like Bernie Sanders to win solely based on his track record. I don't know if America is really ready for someone with his beliefs to hold office.

Everyone else is a corporate goon that's there to keep the status quo. I think election are even less exciting now cause people generally accept that as truth.

Donald:

--- Quote from: condrbkr on July 07, 2015, 10:47:43 AM ---Even though I'd like Bernie Sanders to win solely based on his track record. I don't know if America is really ready for someone with his beliefs to hold office.

Everyone else is a corporate goon that's there to keep the status quo. I think election are even less exciting now cause people generally accept that as truth.

--- End quote ---

People I've talked to are pretty in line with his way of thinking. I just think most people don't think he has a chance to win so they'll end up tossing their vote to their preferred party. Also, I think if he did get into office he'd have a hard time getting anything done due to push back from congress.

Either way, this is the first election I'm participating in (shameful, I know) and I'm throwing my hat in for him

Tall Opinion:
Also in it for Bernie Sanders. This is the first election where I'm backing someone I actually agree with rather than going for the lesser of two evils, if he makes it past the primaries...

U-238:

--- Quote from: Donald on July 07, 2015, 11:08:51 AM ---Either way, this is the first election I'm participating in (shameful, I know) and I'm throwing my hat in for him

--- End quote ---

Not shameful, that is great! If more people think the same thing then it is possible the young voters and other disillusioned voters might go out in force and really push Sanders through.

Just make sure you vote in the primaries, that is the one that is going to matter for Sanders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version