The Street > The Lounge

Discussion: US 2016 Elections

<< < (4/25) > >>

Donald:

--- Quote from: U-238 on July 07, 2015, 05:04:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Donald on July 07, 2015, 11:08:51 AM ---Either way, this is the first election I'm participating in (shameful, I know) and I'm throwing my hat in for him

--- End quote ---

Not shameful, that is great! If more people think the same thing then it is possible the young voters and other disillusioned voters might go out in force and really push Sanders through.

Just make sure you vote in the primaries, that is the one that is going to matter for Sanders.

--- End quote ---

When are primaries typically held?

Cole:
Somewhat on topic, I know that presidents can only have 2 consecutive terms. But after someone else takes up office, can they run for the next election? Or is it two terms, even if non-consecutive a la Grover Cleveland.

Prodigal Son:
Just two terms for presidency.

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: Donald on July 07, 2015, 11:08:51 AM ---People I've talked to are pretty in line with his way of thinking. I just think most people don't think he has a chance to win so they'll end up tossing their vote to their preferred party. Also, I think if he did get into office he'd have a hard time getting anything done due to push back from congress.

--- End quote ---

I just think he's this years Ron Paul. 

The best we can hope from all this is that he pushes new ideas to the forefront and creates a different model for progressives to rally behind. Eventually people in similar line of thinking can win local and state elections which would make the rest of the country more open to his ideas he started. Kind of like how Ron Paul forced a merge with the growing Libertarian movement(he pretty much reinvigorated) to the Republican party platform.

I hope that Bernie makes it far and gets a lot of traction and press. Even though I truly think his ideas are too radical for most of America(like you said most of Congress would never agree), it's solid thinking none the less. The man lives what he speaks, he could truly invoke real change through that alone and doesn't need the White House seat to make that difference. He just needs a platform for him to bring those thoughts to mainstream America. Evolution not revolution.

jaythomas:
dont forget about mike huckabee, the guy who, as governor,  helped get a rapist paroled so that he could go out and rape/murder another woman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version