The Street > The Lounge

Discussion: US 2016 Elections

<< < (8/25) > >>

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
I realize there's a big push for gun control. I can't say that I care either way.

The flag, though, seeing as it's a universally recognized symbol of racism, slavery, violence and white supremacists deserves all the shame and dishonor it has received.

alaskun:

--- Quote from: Narcoleptic Insomniac on July 23, 2015, 03:46:43 PM ---seeing as it's a universally recognized symbol of racism, slavery, violence
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Kinchy on July 23, 2015, 03:36:16 PM ---Banned/shamed a flag with deep roots in slavery and racism? You poor souls.

--- End quote ---
saudi arabia, qatar, FIFA, Apple/most electronics...  where's the outrage against CURRENT racism/slavery/violence?  Not to mention the lord and savior obama's support for terrorist groups who have child armies performing mass executions, are openly killing off tens of thousands of christians/nonmuslims, and regularly promoting terror attacks throughout the world?

you fucking retards are all of the sudden acting like white people and their flag [nevermind all the blacks who support it/have proud family history linked to it, right? they're racist too?] are the worst/need to be put in their place for stuff that happened generations ago, while completely ignoring things that are just as bad or worse that are happening right now, and you're acting like the people who are concerned about it are the crazies/bigots?

I wonder how people in syria, libya, egypt, tunisia, yemen, etc, would feel if you showed them a confederate flag, VS how they would feel seeing an obama, mccain, or clinton bumper sticker?

Allah:
Corbyn 4 prez!

alaskun:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on July 23, 2015, 03:36:16 PM ---Banned/shamed a flag with deep roots in slavery and racism? You poor souls.

--- End quote ---
the banning per se isn't the issue. there ARE actual victims, and there will be more.  who's going to take responsibility for all this new black on black/black on white violence popping up now that the flag is an excuse to assault/rob/murder someone? Or is that white people's fault too?
Mississippi to Investigate Death of a Black Man Who Raised Confederate Flag

'political correctness' is getting people killed, and people like you are only making it worse. Meanwhile your supposed grievances are NOTHING compared to stuff going on right this second as a result of people like you supporting blatant conmen/pc-panderers/race baiters...

//// 

DontcallmeKenneth:
People love to deflect, and not talk about problems. This is basic america at its best. Avoid talking about obvious problems and shit will never get better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version