The Street > The Lounge

Discussion: US 2016 Elections

<< < (9/25) > >>

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: alaskun on July 23, 2015, 04:19:58 PM ---you fucking retards are all of the sudden acting like white people and their flag [nevermind all the blacks who support it/have proud family history linked to it, right? they're racist too?]

--- End quote ---

This is such a dumb argument. Do the white people with Southern heritage who think the flag is offensive, do their opinions not matter? Cause I'll tell you right now, there are a TON more white Southerners who think the flag is offensive than their are black counterparts but they're probably brainwashed by the liberal media right?

alaskun:

--- Quote from: condrbkr on July 23, 2015, 04:57:29 PM ---This is such a dumb argument.

--- End quote ---

Which is worse;

-  people feeling offended at the site of an inanimate object

or

- people being physically attacked/financially punished for displaying an inanimate object

?

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
You make it sound up there like people can't feel outrage at both past and present day slavery.

Kinchy:
Woah there alaskun, chill your beans. You made lots of assumptions. I never said the confederate flag was the worst thing ever, or that there aren't current slavery issues that I disagree with. I just said it's got racist tones, and it was rightly shamed. I can think that AND ALSO think there are other, even worse things happening.

Sounds like you have a complex.

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: alaskun on July 23, 2015, 05:10:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: condrbkr on July 23, 2015, 04:57:29 PM ---This is such a dumb argument.

--- End quote ---

Which is worse;

-  people feeling offended at the site of an inanimate object

or

- people being physically attacked/financially punished for displaying an inanimate object

?

--- End quote ---

I'll lay it out straight. Life's not fair. It's not fair to black people, it's not fair to people of other races, and guess what, in a certain instances it's not fair to white people. Be glad the worst they have to deal with is the small chance that they could get 'physically attacked/financially' punished cause people wanted to wave their dumbass flag in some bullshit name of freedom. Cause this absolutely pales in comparison to people physically attacked/financially punished for simply being black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version