The Street > The Lounge

Apple's iCar or whatever..

<< < (7/10) > >>

Dr. Steve Brule:
Hopefully this stuff will be the first nail in the coffin for fossil fuels too.

MilkyWilky:

--- Quote from: G on August 07, 2015, 02:43:06 PM ---...and the two will dock together securely ...

--- End quote ---

I just hope it's better than the connectors of iPhone past. I could see it. I hope they're boxy cause aerodynamics are irrelevant for some reason.. I miss those days.

I just hope Apple/Android Car control platforms come before that. I want to make an app for the NA market that will only run one reverse light at a time, effectively doubling the life of your reverse lights. $1.99 (we double up here)

Prodigal Son:

--- Quote from: Dr. Steve Brule on August 11, 2015, 08:54:04 AM ---Hopefully this stuff will be the first nail in the coffin for fossil fuels too.

--- End quote ---

How did you think that would come about? There would be a huge demand on electricity infrastructure. The famous Thames plant is powered by??

JFax:
I decided to do a quick google search and the sources states between a dozen-several hundred engineers are on the project. There have also been meetings between Apple and car manufactors.

It could perhaps be that Apple is trying to reinvent the wheel, but I doubt that they want to make the car completely by themselves. Sure, they have the money, but buying a plant and setting everything up is still a huge (HUGE) risk. Perhaps a iMercedes?

Dr. Steve Brule:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on August 11, 2015, 07:23:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dr. Steve Brule on August 11, 2015, 08:54:04 AM ---Hopefully this stuff will be the first nail in the coffin for fossil fuels too.

--- End quote ---

How did you think that would come about? There would be a huge demand on electricity infrastructure. The famous Thames plant is powered by??

--- End quote ---

I was referring to increased use of renewable energy sources, Solar, Wind, Water, Geothermal etc, hopefully they'll be come a lot more prevalent in the coming years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version