The Street > The Lounge

what is your profession?

(1/21) > >>

JFax:
I think we have had this topic before, but apart from couch and G I have little to no idea what you guys do.

Im a process engineer designing wastewater treatment plants.

What do you do?

Prodigal Son:
I grow orchids. I make hybrids, been instrumental in breeding rare species, I've had pictures in magazines and I have some in a legit hardback scientific book.

Currently my main focus is breeding this species, Dendrobium cuthbertsonii. I picked up on the work of a friend who is chair of computer engineering or nanofabrication at UC Berkley. He developed the protocol for tetraploid conversion in the species. In using mutagens the last couple generations and finally getting some undergrads to confirm 4N plants. Breeding these confirmed tetraploids is going to give me a good population for selective breeding. I have about 40 flasks growing in the lab currently. That accounts for like 5% or less of what I do.

Sasha:
Bike mechanic right now. Looking for some sort of trainee CNC engineer role. When I was growing up nobody told me that you had to get a job where you actually earned enough money to live.

Scunny:
I work with people involved in the criminal justice system that have mental health issues.

dude...:
Archaeologist

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version