The Street > The Lounge

So, lets talk about Garage Ramps!

(1/6) > >>

Bunky:
With winter quickly approaching, I've decided that as soon as I finish building my chicken coop that I'd like to build a garage ramp to mess around on so I can keep my muscles stretched out and in riding order while the weather is gross and rainy.  If I use half the garage it allows me a 23ft by 10ft space to build in, and I already have a decent amount of scrap wood to get things started.  I'm thinking about a vert wall on the non door side, a steep banked wall on the wall with the window, and a two and a half foot tall quarter on the garage door side.  See pictures below:

Here's where you guys come in.

I can't for the life of me decide what radius I should use for the transitions!

I helped my buddies Scootie and CJ build some small garage ramps several years ago that turned out awesome, but I can't remember how we came up with the radius size.  I know we measured some other ramps that they had and kind of winged it, and it came out awesome. 

Anybody have any ideas?

ginger:
No idea about radius but keen to see how it turns out. It's gonna be tight son!

barcodebilly:
Would be cool to put them on fold up casters so you could move tthem around if you want.

@ss4oLe:
I've had some small ramps in my day.

Remember, a four foot transition will go to vert at four feet. that's pretty damn tight but can be fun/good for peg stuff. But it doesn't leave much actual transition to land in. Airing it can be sketch.

A five foot tranny, on a four foot tall ramp gives you more to surface to land in but is still steep enough to do peg stuff.

food for though....

cmc4130:
I have never spent time riding one, but it might be interesting to build a ramp with an elliptical transition.

http://rampplans.org/faqs/#How_do_I_draw_an_elliptical_transition

http://rampplans.org/rpdo_mini.html

I don't know if this one is exactly elliptical.... but what it does is create a steep part only at the top, for peg tricks, but it also has more wheelbase area at the bottom to land on....

cool graphic:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version