The Street > The Lounge

Paris

<< < (24/32) > >>

Cole:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on November 26, 2015, 10:16:56 AM ---Am I being silly by being more concerned about the disastrous cuts to public services than the 'terror threat'?

--- End quote ---

That seems to be pretty much the norm for Canada. We've had a lot of cuts come in the past few years, and they wonder why we have such a shortage of emergency services personnel (mostly fire and paramedics) as well as doctors and nurses. Not to mention the massive military cuts since we pulled out of Afghanistan. At least they had the sense to drop the F-35 program though. But that's ok, the US will come to our rescue if we need it.

But, definitely sucks to sit in the ER for 3 or 4 hours with a fucking broken ankle waiting for x-rays and not being offered any pain killers or ice.

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
Where are the funds going?

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: JFax on November 26, 2015, 11:03:53 AM ---Lol indeed. Just because you live comfortably and free in the US doesnt mean that the foreign policy makes other countries similar

--- End quote ---

You continue to speak English when your a foreigner cause of America. You consume American culture and thought everyday. The foreign policy we as the West enforce is a joke but a necessary evil needed to maintain our lifestyle here in the West. There ain't no perfect but I believe in the American way of life simply cause even the lowest class citizen here has a minuscule chance to change how everything is done worldwide. Sure there is a lot of fall out and mistakes that happen but any society is guilty of that besides when it happens in the US our influence is so great that it happens worldwide but still for any real change to happen in our society it has to happen in America first. This is all coming from an immigrant btw.

Kinchy:
I think you need to do a little research about income equality, happiness indexes, and standards of living. America isn't bad but there are much better.

Also, I don't consume American culture and thought everyday. I live in the UK and happily read British newspapers (bearing in mind we've had printed news before America even existed), listen to European rooted music, drive a French car, and watch British TV and comedies. I think you'll find that American culture in America is so fucking Ameri-centrist that you don't realise that other cultures thrive happily in their native countries, we just don't feel the need to force them on each other.

And fucking lol at "for any real change to happen in our society it has to happen in America first", you haven't even got a nationalised health service. In lots of aspects, America is decades in the past and the conservative right wing nut cases will happily regress it even further if they can.

manwe:

--- Quote from: condrbkr on November 26, 2015, 01:22:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: JFax on November 26, 2015, 11:03:53 AM ---Lol indeed. Just because you live comfortably and free in the US doesnt mean that the foreign policy makes other countries similar

--- End quote ---

I believe in the American way of life simply cause even the lowest class citizen here has a minuscule chance to change how everything is done worldwide.

--- End quote ---

for real? really? still?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version