The Street > The Lounge

Paris

<< < (27/32) > >>

JFax:
You still at it? If people get annoyed how you compose your posts then make them interesting. I actually took my time to read the last two links you posted.

I do not see how a Italian far right politician's (who is known for weird public comments) weird comment is relevant or interesting.

I in the third link did not read anything connected to your link description. All links were also from russian news agancies.

alaskun:
Will you even acknowledge what's being said, or are you just going to say you don't like who said it?  Do you disagree with what he said?  Ok, I posted a link to a page that out-updated the quote I posted... Will you acknowledge the quote? Or who said it, or what it means for the next few years, or how it compares to warnings from the same person/people over the past few years? 

Germany just announced they're joining the "coalition against isil."  What about all the people they're bringing in who won't be happy with that?  Do you think they'll be bombing just isis? Obama and the people/nations who support him are still acting like assad has to be removed...

JFax:
Fine, I play along.

It is widely known fact that Turkey is politically edging towards a more islam-centric society driven by the current president. It was presented by my local news agencies as something negative. He won the election though, and if I remember correctly he won with a good margin.

It is in the Turkey rulers interest to contain the Kurdish seperatists and has been striking them hard after the previous attack, probably also delibralty the moderate Kurdish groups in Syria. I do believe that they have been holding back against ISIS in order to try and control the build up of Kurdish fighter (which they also regard as terrorists). Claiming however that they take ISIS side is just silly and something that sells articles.

Germany is not joining as an attacking partner, it is joining as a intelligence gathering player. It has been done by countries in similar wars before. You fit good cameras to jets and give the information to the ones carrying out the strikes. Essentially that means that they can join and seem like a contributor to the public and allies while at the same time not having to take on the negative sides coming from bombing.

LukeTom:

--- Quote from: JFax on November 27, 2015, 01:06:26 AM ---Fine, I play along.

It is widely known fact that Turkey is politically edging towards a more islam-centric society driven by the current president. It was presented by my local news agencies as something negative. He won the election though, and if I remember correctly he won with a good margin.

It is in the Turkey rulers interest to contain the Kurdish seperatists and has been striking them hard after the previous attack, probably also delibralty the moderate Kurdish groups in Syria. I do believe that they have been holding back against ISIS in order to try and control the build up of Kurdish fighter (which they also regard as terrorists). Claiming however that they take ISIS side is just silly and something that sells articles.

Germany is not joining as an attacking partner, it is joining as a intelligence gathering player. It has been done by countries in similar wars before. You fit good cameras to jets and give the information to the ones carrying out the strikes. Essentially that means that they can join and seem like a contributor to the public and allies while at the same time not having to take on the negative sides coming from bombing.

--- End quote ---

Amen to that

alaskun:
http://news.yahoo.com/us-knew-flight-path-plane-downed-turkey-putin-202631534.html

--- Quote ---Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks with French President during a meeting at the Kremlin in Moscow on November 26, 2015

Moscow (AFP) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia had given prior information to the United States of the flight path of the plane downed by Turkey on the Syrian border.

"The American side, which leads the coalition that Turkey belongs to, knew about the location and time of our planes' flights, and we were hit exactly there and at that time," Putin said at a joint press conference with French counterpart Francois Hollande in the Kremlin.

"They [our planes] have identification signs and these are well visible," Putin said. "Instead of [...] ensuring this never happens again, we are hearing unintelligible explanations and statements that there is nothing to apologize about."
--- End quote ---

the president of turkey actually says that if anybody should apologize for a russian jet/helicopter being shot down over syria, it's russia...

VIDEO - Erdogan: Russia should apologize - CNN
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/669901386973360129

then he says russia/assad are the ones arming/funding isis...

"If you are seeking the source of weaponry and financial power of Daesh, the first place to look is the Assad regime and countries that act with it,"

and then he threatens to start a war if his planes are shot down over syria...
http://en.apa.az/news/235559

--- Quote ---Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told CNN International his country will consider it an act of aggression if Russia takes down a Turkish plane violating Syrian airspace.

“In this case Turkey will be forced to take measures that will certainly not be discussed. And of course it would be an aggression against our rights of sovereignty and it’s the natural right of the state to protect those rights. We do not want to see any escalation of the situation in the region. We do not want to become a party to that. But those who side with Syria and escalate the tension, I think, are the responsible parties to this,” Erdogan said.
--- End quote ---

and our government/media is supporting him...

--- Quote from: JFax on November 27, 2015, 01:06:26 AM ---
It is in the Turkey rulers interest to contain the Kurdish seperatists... Claiming however that they take ISIS side is just silly and something that sells articles.

--- End quote ---

The DIA/pentagon documents show that turkey HAS/DOES take the side of extremists for the purpose of taking out assad.

--- Quote ---...the newly declassified report states that for “THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY [WHO] SUPPORT THE [SYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME…”.

The DIA report, formerly classified “SECRET//NOFORN” and dated August 12, 2012, was circulated widely among various government agencies, including CENTCOM, the CIA, FBI, DHS, NGA, State Dept., and many others.

The document shows that as early as 2012, U.S. intelligence predicted the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS), but instead of clearly delineating the group as an enemy, the report envisions the terror group as a U.S. strategic asset...

The following is excerpted from the seven page DIA declassified report:

R 050839Z AUG 12

THE GENERAL SITUATION:

A. INTERNALLY, EVENTS ARE TAKING A CLEAR SECTARIAN DIRECTION.

B. THE SALAFIST [sic], THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, AND AQI ARE THE MAJOR FORCES DRIVING THE INSURGENCY IN SYRIA.

C. THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY SUPPORT THE OPPOSITION; WHILE RUSSIA, CHINA AND IRAN SUPPORT [ASSAD].

--- End quote ---
We didn't really need to be told that though - if you've been paying attention over the years you'd have seen a ton of evidence that turkey's a major support base. I could post a ton of links about weapons shipments, fighter transport/protection, money/oil/prisoner deals, etc...  but you shouldn't need them.

Part of the gameplan laid out in that memo, as well as in the brookings institute study, as well as part of erdogans stated goals, is still being pushed for - the 'safe zones.'  I hear it on the radio every day as part of "obama's failure to take out assad, enforce the [false flag chemical attack] red lines, and create safe zones."  They say we're in the predicament we're in because obama wasn't successful with those things - no mention of the fact that those things are what's causing the predicament in the first place.

for you to say that the idea of turkey siding with IS/rebel terrorists "is just a way to sell articles" is flat-out retarded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version