The Street > The Lounge

Adam LZ/DIG

<< < (2/9) > >>

dude...:
yeah he probs is right about getting more kids into bmx than dig in the current climate of internet media and blogosphere etc, but to state it like he did is pretty dumb and disrespectful of him. mind you that kind of attitude is going to sit well with 15 year olds, who dont care about the history of bmx, they just wanna be cool and would be super envious of lz cos hes good on a bike, has loads of followers, drift cars and a gf etc.

so yeah he probs is way more influential in terms of young people getting into bmx now, but for non of the reasons or values that the older generations who toiled hard laying the groundwork for riding as it currently stands. lz seems kinda arrogant and naive (mostly naive though from my limited experience of his videos), and with bmx finally at a stage where the older veterans of the bmx scene are still getting the recognition they rightfully deserve for their influence and contributions in the long term (guys like ruben, foster, van homan etc), that kind of blase attitude towards DIG disrespects a whole generation of riders who grew up prior to online bmx media.

In a way i think it kinda disrespects bmx as a whole. yeah in the scale of things bmx is just messing about on bikes really, but i think that being at least curious about the history of riding as in all the different styles and riders whove left their mark on bmx over the years is a key part of the whole thing.

people youve never heard of doing the wildest shit that was only recorded in one photo tucked away in an out of print magazine, or in a couple of clips on a vhs tape tucked away in the attic, that stuff is awesome and gets me way more stoked than any weekly blog video about riding your local skatepark ever could. i guess its all just a sign of how things are changing, the internet is a very different place to what it was from back in 2005 when you had to struggle with basic html to change your myspace background

Prodigal Son:
I have not a clue what the fuck you guys are talking about. Who the fuck is this cocksucker Adam fucking Lz?

JFax:
I think I saw a video once of him going on some trip and it was cool, then went to his channel and left within a few min. Its just a daily vlog. Like keeping up with the Kardashians-bmx style.

The Brawn:
It's only a matter of time before he'll claim that he's the only reason Stranger is still going.

Dr. Steve Brule:
Saw a bit about this, I have no idea who Adam LZ is but after looking at his media output he is definitely a goon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version