The Street > The Lounge

Winter Break Road Trip - NH to TX, NM, and back

(1/5) > >>

JohnW:

So here's my rough plan based on people I am probably visiting. Probably leaving on the 22nd/23rd and taking the southern route to Houston first, then the rest of it after Christmas and getting back here around the 2nd. Looks like an average of 8-10 hours of driving a day which isn't bad. It's only about $400 in gas in my Corolla and I haven't had this much time off from work in years so I figured I need to do something.

I'll be bringing my bike, do any of you who still ride BMX want to ride along the way? And any couches/floors to sleep on in case people fall through? Also interested in any racecar/driftcar or music things going on.

paranoidmexican:
I'm in Houston. I'll buy you a beer

Cole:
Damn, I have two and a half weeks off starting tomorrow. I need to do something like this.

Edit: But fuck doing something like that on my winter tires, they're super scary to drive on.

streetStreet:
find some solid places to eat!

JohnW:

--- Quote from: paranoidmexican on December 17, 2015, 05:08:32 AM ---I'm in Houston. I'll buy you a beer

--- End quote ---
Hell yeah, PM me your number and I'll hit you up when I'm in the area? What part of Houston? I'll be staying with my best friend who lives there and will probably be around all day Saturday after Christmas.

--- Quote from: Cole on December 17, 2015, 07:09:11 AM ---Damn, I have two and a half weeks off starting tomorrow. I need to do something like this.

Edit: But fuck doing something like that on my winter tires, they're super scary to drive on.

--- End quote ---

Just do it. I'm not putting my winter tires on til after I get back. Got decent all seasons on right now and the wheel my RF snow tire is mounted to is bent to shit. Don't feel like 5000+ miles of my car shaking.

--- Quote from: streetStreet on December 17, 2015, 10:18:38 AM ---find some solid places to eat!

--- End quote ---

That's part of the plan for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version