The Street > The Lounge

Harry Main Explains

<< < (2/9) > >>

dude...:
remember when he used to post on here, before he got his signature khe complete?

Dr. Steve Brule:
I remember when he was posting here, some other guy local to his area shut him down saying about how him and his mates had gone around knocking on doors saying they were collecting for charity but keeping all the cash.

edit: I actually read the article, jesus christ. I'm not surprised someone has done the direct sales thing as it is huge in the MTB / Road market (Canyon / Rose / YT etc) but my god he's arrogant about it. Maybe 12 year olds have a different view than me.

MEAT:

--- Quote from: LukeTom on January 14, 2016, 07:35:27 PM --- he doesn't mention how these shops are also a hub for the scene of an area.

--- End quote ---

Still though?.... not convinced.

Sasha:
Scrap the entire interview and replace it with "I'll do owt for a fiver" and it's still very much the same.

JFax:
I tend to cringe when I hear about people talking about BMX companies and teams. If the conversation between Vans and Harry went as he said it seems a bit childish. Its just money and sponsorship, why would you have to build a core team and feel used etc, its just business.

If I was a company and had a sponsored riders where one guy is doing his own thing but is still being noticed and showcasing my product while I dont pay him much for it, then what is the problem for me? Can still have a core team and sponsor other riders.

Anyway, let him do his own thing. Ezra and those guys didnt break the industry, are they even still around? Think KHE is somewhat trying to do the same thing. If/when it fails for him in the future he will have a slightly harder time getting new sponsors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version