The Street > The Lounge

To those who have broken chains mid pedal...

<< < (3/6) > >>

Kyle V.:

--- Quote from: Narcoleptic Insomniac on January 17, 2016, 05:54:36 PM ---How have your chains failed? plates breaking? pins not holding the links together?

--- End quote ---

I've only had this one chain break, which is why I'm so uneasy now. It's never happened before. My plates broke on the link that was connected to my half-link.

Prodigal Son:

--- Quote from: dude... on January 17, 2016, 08:26:15 PM ---stem pad + box

--- End quote ---

I hate admitting to being a fucking dinosaur but waaaay back in the Mesozoic era rednecks did not have chamfered edges. Cut my knee so many times from hitting my 44t on feebles and consequently having my chain fall apart. So glad that the garbage parts are in the past.

ginger:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on January 17, 2016, 10:07:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I hate admitting to being a fucking dinosaur but waaaay back in the Mesozoic era rednecks did not have chamfered edges. Cut my knee so many times from hitting my 44t on feebles and consequently having my chain fall apart. So glad that the garbage parts are in the past.

--- End quote ---

Those were the days. I had a red redneck.

dude...:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on January 17, 2016, 10:07:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

i went over the bars the other week tyre grinding a curb (lol) and took a chunk out of my knee on my stem as well as half the skin off my palms. im having a stem pad from now on for sure, not worth it

LeonLikesToRock:
I'm fine when I get a new chain. Iffy if it is a franken chain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version