The Street > The Lounge

EU Referendum

<< < (3/6) > >>

LeonLikesToRock:
Why don't you guys go back into the empire game? You were doing so well.

JFax:
There are so many different nationalities in the UK, many Europeans, especially in London. Will they be kicked out, get some kind of residency or will they not change the free mobility?

Liam:
Nobody knows. There's no plan. I can't see any way the EU would accept us leaving, drop the free movement of people and still be a trading partner. Most of the 'out' campaign are rabid xenophobes who blame immigration for society's ills and talk about the free movement of people as being one of the country's major problems. However, they won't be in charge in the case of the UK leaving the EU and there is no concrete plan of how we would realistically operate in the event of an exit. There's also nearly as many UK citizens living in other EU countries as there are other EU citizens working in the UK and nobody's even mentioned whether they'd all have to come back either.

G:

--- Quote from: Liam on February 23, 2016, 04:46:57 AM ---Nobody knows. There's no plan. I can't see any way the EU would accept us leaving, drop the free movement of people and still be a trading partner. Most of the 'out' campaign are rabid xenophobes who blame immigration for society's ills and talk about the free movement of people as being one of the country's major problems. However, they won't be in charge in the case of the UK leaving the EU and there is no concrete plan of how we would realistically operate in the event of an exit. There's also nearly as many UK citizens living in other EU countries as there are other EU citizens working in the UK and nobody's even mentioned whether they'd all have to come back either.

--- End quote ---

NHS would pretty much collapse if we chucked out all the EU nurses, especially in London hospitals.

:)
G.

Liam:
If you were thinking of voting in, then maybe this amazing* campaign song from the outers will win you over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBi-KXc0CRk

*I was amazed. This can't be real.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version