The Street > The Lounge

Alcohol.

<< < (3/10) > >>

LeonLikesToRock:
Straight up, you're not addicted to alcohol. Are people that play sports every weekend addicted to sports? You don't have an addiction, you have a shit house hobby.

If you feel like you can't function as well socially without the piss then do yourself a favour and go out a couple of time sober.

Merry:

--- Quote from: (jeff) on April 24, 2016, 01:05:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Merry on April 23, 2016, 02:18:00 PM ---I wasn't really in the same boat, but I was getting hammered once every two or three weekends. I'd grab a beer with food if I went out to eat. The occasional beer after work. A social drink or two if I was chillin' at a friend's house. Also, being that I'm constantly playing gigs during the week, it was always super easy to have a beer or two in the run of a set.

I started doing strength and conditioning classes at a local gym back on March 21 which kind of gave me added motivation to avoid drinking. I haven't had a drop of liquor since March 19, and I feel fantastic. I've lost some weight, tightened up and gotten less doughy, and I have a lot more energy. I'm not off booze for good, and I'll definitely be getting shitty next weekend when I head to Toronto, but cutting it out for the past month has definitely been easy with the extra motivation of putting in work at the gym - a sort of "don't make the work you're putting in pointless by drinking" notion.

Plus, the gym hurts so goddam bad, and drinking a ton of water helps.

--- End quote ---

Weren't you edge?

--- End quote ---

That ship sailed years ago.

Prodigal Son:
Not even a wagon comparison?

Sasha:

--- Quote from: Alex. on April 23, 2016, 09:54:33 PM ---I think the biggest thing is, is that when I drink and go out, I'm not nearly as anxious or shy/boring. Not saying I'm a complete nut job or cringe factory when I'm sober, just way more relaxed and introverted. Liquid courage has really helped me in many ways and I think in some ways I almost feel as I have to continue to be that guy to the people I've met and became friends with while under the influence.
--- End quote ---

This is the most real thing I've ever read. I drink most days, sometimes a lot, sometimes not. I've had periods over the past few years of not drinking for  around 4 months at a time and I just don't see my friends that much during that time. A few years ago I wanted to quit drinking totally, I'm now realising that moderation is so much better, but quite hard.

hugh.:
I drink a beer each day with dinner and maybe one in the evening then go and get hammered every weekend. Rarely drink spirits anymore since I found tasty craft beers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version