The Street > The Lounge

Alcohol.

<< < (4/10) > >>

cmc4130:

--- Quote from: Alex. on April 22, 2016, 08:48:52 PM --- . . . Maybe I should start golfing or something. Riding is too dangerous at this point, can't get hurt and miss work.  . . . .

--- End quote ---

What would your 14 year old self have told you if he heard that?

You can safely ride bmx.  You could also get a road bike or a mountain bike. 

Drinking regularly and being inactive is an easy rut to fall into.  To get out of it, the best way I have seen is to do something active.  If you're not going to ride bikes, then replace it with something else--basketball, lap swimming, aikido, cross-fit, yoga, whatever...

ginger:
I wouldn't call you an alcoholic as long as you have 2 or more alcohol free days over the course of a week. Hard binge drinking every week will obviously fuck you up over the long term, so maybe don't plan on doing it forever. I've found that as I get older and busier I can't afford to be super drunk or hungover very often, so it helps limit how much I drink. If you're looking to cutback just fill your time with activities and commitments that you can't be drunk for.

Alex.:

--- Quote from: cmc4130 on April 25, 2016, 03:41:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alex. on April 22, 2016, 08:48:52 PM --- . . . Maybe I should start golfing or something. Riding is too dangerous at this point, can't get hurt and miss work.  . . . .

--- End quote ---

What would your 14 year old self have told you if he heard that?

You can safely ride bmx.  You could also get a road bike or a mountain bike. 

Drinking regularly and being inactive is an easy rut to fall into.  To get out of it, the best way I have seen is to do something active.  If you're not going to ride bikes, then replace it with something else--basketball, lap swimming, aikido, cross-fit, yoga, whatever...

--- End quote ---

I still love BMX and I know it's possible to play it safe while riding but that isn't fun for me, unfortunately. I always have to be trying newer and bigger things and pushing to be better whenever I ride, that's just how my brain works.

Same reason why I quit racing motocross. Too competitive and will always try and push too hard to get better and just naturally feel better with pushing myself. Unfortunately it usually ends up with me wrecking myself. 

I do like the idea of a road bike though and it has been on the agenda for a while. Just need to get some extra money to buy a nice bike.

dude...:
someone at my work last year was doing a "dry july" and it made me think how sometimes ill go 3-4 months without drinking and not care. i cant be arsed getting maggot these days cos it seems like such a waste to lose a big chunk of the next day feeling wretched. drinking alcohol is boring to me, although if i could get high instead without the stress of drug testing for work etc id probs still be a fiend for that

Dr. Steve Brule:
Louis Theroux just did a great show on Alcoholism. UK guys will be able to watch it on Iplayer, rest of the world I'm sure you can sort something out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version