The Street > The Lounge

Standard Shaman Ox, 2004 era

<< < (3/4) > >>

streetStreet:
I remember always seeing Paul Osicka in ride representing that for standard in the ads. it's paul osicka right...?

dude...:
very cool, enjoyed that a lot

alaskun:
This is one of my all-time favorite bikes

I usually hate yellow stuff, but the stickers/parts/frame always sucked me in...

Sometime around 2004/2005 I got a red shaman from Chris Cotsonas (odyssey), off of bmxboard.

It was the frame that was used in a black-and-white evolver (brake) ad. somebody please post that ad. I've found it in my magazine stack a few times, but never scanned/capped it

sadly, a friend's brother took the bike out and got it stolen one night around 2006, and I STILL stress over that thing. Any bike I see at the dump gets my hopes up.

I never took pictures of the bike itself aside from this one

but here's my bmx-test profile on it from ~2005

--- Quote ---Bike Description:
A red standard shaman set up for flatland and street...

Frame: standard shaman - 19.5"
Forks: odyssey flatforks
Bars: haro slims or odyssey barrios, depends on my wrists
Rims: hazard lite in front and alex triple wall in back
Hubs: back= lsd ody new style cassette with 12t cog, front=odyssey hazard
Stem: odyssey format
HeadSet: king or unsealed pig
Seat: haro or hemeroid
SeatPost: haro
Cranks: profile 177mm
Pedals: jim c's with albes grind plate on the right
Sprocket: rnc 25t lite
Chain: half kool, half normal
Tire: back= duro x-performer, front= revenge
Brake: tektro, front only until I get all the right peices for a gyro
Brake lever: modulever
Cable: super old bright green cable from a mountain bike
Grips: haro or big cheese
Barends: haro
Pegs: eastern pivots on the left, haro and snafu smooth pegs on the right (I grind on the right, and most of the time only stand on the left pegs for flat)

Favorite Riders & Companies: www.flatlandfuel.com
www.pedalbmx.com
www.bmxboard.com
Reviews Submitted...
--- End quote ---

you can't post this bike too much, ediot, I always like seeing it

ediotism:

--- Quote from: streetStreet on May 27, 2016, 09:45:08 AM ---I remember always seeing Paul Osicka in ride representing that for standard in the ads. it's paul osicka right...?

--- End quote ---

it's more than likely paul osicka, but i think he rode the Tao, which is 18.x" TT. The shaman is 19.5" and was my sole reason of not riding anywhere near the level of osicka. honestly, the guy can just bust jam packed incredible links in a 2mX2m living room avoiding furnitures whilst blindfolded, you can't compete with that.

ediotism:

--- Quote from: alaskun on May 28, 2016, 02:05:04 PM ---sadly, a friend's brother took the bike out and got it stolen one night around 2006, and I STILL stress over that thing. Any bike I see at the dump gets my hopes up.

--- End quote ---

it sucks that chances are the bike theif has no idea of how particularly good this frame was and would just pawn it after doing wheelies/ whatever. it's probably a personal bias but the few times that i came across people riding shamans, they always seemed to ride in ways that opened my eyes and gave me new ideas. took me a while to realise i had a lot of emotional attachment to that frame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version