The Street > The Lounge

Debt/Credit Score/Budgeting

<< < (9/10) > >>

amishrob:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on August 20, 2016, 01:39:49 AM ---It baffles me when people are concerned about their finances and yet are eating out regularly and have cars on finance. My colleague is always complaining she is poor yet eats out for lunch everyday.

Why not sell your cars, pay off the finance, and buy a cheaper car outright? Will save you loads each month

--- End quote ---
my mate was like this, stated he had to leave london as it's too expensive, but was paying £400 a month finance on a car that was way beyond his means. we managed to convince him to trade it in eventually, he now has a car which he owns outright and is still very nice.

LukeTom:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on August 20, 2016, 01:29:36 AM ---So, do I find someone like you cow to begin an index fund?

--- End quote ---

You just need a broker to sell you them. In america there is an app called robinhood, which has no fee trading, which is the best you can really do if your not investing six figures. In the UK I use DeGiro, which has commission free ETFs, and very low prices for trading anyway.

ginger:
Not sure if you have it, but Acorns is a nice app that deposits your change into a fund. If you buy a drink for $3.50, it rounds up the change to the nearest dollar, i.e. 50c, and puts that in your Acorns fund.

paranoidmexican:

--- Quote from: ginger on August 21, 2016, 06:47:54 PM ---Not sure if you have it, but Acorns is a nice app that deposits your change into a fund. If you buy a drink for $3.50, it rounds up the change to the nearest dollar, i.e. 50c, and puts that in your Acorns fund.

--- End quote ---

I'm going to look into this.

I've started driving for Uber, and that seems to help a little. I need to get a TNC license to pick up in Houston city limits though. One guy that's been driving for Uber told me he goes around 10pm-3am to Downtown all weekend and will average 500 dollars a weekend. Stupid hours and probably stupid people but definitely seems worth it. And to get where I need to be I would only have to do a crazy shift like that once a month (assuming I can average at least 300) The goal after paying my cards off will be to pay off at least one vehicle next year.

PabstBlueRibbon:
I use digit savings. Take a few dollars here and there and puts it into a savings account

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version