The Street > The Lounge

Debt/Credit Score/Budgeting

<< < (2/10) > >>

PabstBlueRibbon:
shit $1200 in debt. Sign me up. Between school loans, mechanics tools, harley note, credit cards, and the house. I might kill you if I give you the number.

ginger:
If you have a baby coming and only have $300 a month left over, you're gonna struggle. If you are renting, downsize immediately.

As for the credit card, sometimes you can get a deal on a new account that will have 0% interest on balance transfers. Open one of those, transfer all your other debt to that single card and then pay it off before the 0% interest offer expires. Then close the account and never get another credit card ever again. If you can't manage $1,200, you should not have a credit card.

paranoidmexican:
Thanks for the sound advice guys. I ended up staying in my current apartment, the only things cheaper in the area are super shitty/ghetto. If I was single I would live in the hood and not be bothered.

What I might do is try and get a part time job since my full time job is barely alive (as some of you may know, I work in the Oilfield and business is not very good). That's really why I'm struggling a bit now, this year I took about a $20,000 pay cut and it hurts.

I'm planning on refinancing my wife's car pretty soon. Back in 14 when I was making damn good money I bought her car and my truck. I was stupid and went with the first deal I got. Both vehicles had almost 20% APR!! I refinanced my truck and got it down to 8% significantly lowering the payment. That's the plan with her car.

My wife and I were talking about our budget last night. Our biggest fault is eating out. She works for AT&T installing Internet  (I think this is a man job, pregnant women don't need to work outdoors) and when she gets home is too tired to cook, and I'm kind of a piece of shit and can't cook. As a result, we end up getting some shit fast food. My goal this month is to read some cooking for dummys stuff online and do some learning. This will also help with my current health issues too. Yay diabeetus.

14thStbikes:
If you want an easy/tasty/cheap meal to cook and like fish give this a try:

Roll out a piece of foil or parchment paper about 18-24" long.
Slice tomato, onion, lemon into thin slices and layer on foil/parchment (I also toss in basil, up to you though)
Season the veggies with salt/pepper to taste and hit it with some olive oil or a few slices of butter
Lay fish ( I usually use a cheap whitefish but up to you) on top of the veggies, season both sides of fish with salt/pepper
Toss some more lemon and olive oil/butter on top of fish
Roll foil/paper into a sealed pouch and put in baking pan in a 350* oven for 20-30 minutes

You can serve this with some plain rice or pasta as there will be a nice broth/sauce in the pouch.
This will serve 2-4 people depending on how much fish for just a few bucks and is quick, simple and cheap.

I have plenty of other cheap/easy meals but this is probably the easiest to prep and clean up for only a couple dollars.

paranoidmexican:

--- Quote from: 14thStbikes on August 03, 2016, 07:26:40 AM ---If you want an easy/tasty/cheap meal to cook and like fish give this a try:

Roll out a piece of foil or parchment paper about 18-24" long.
Slice tomato, onion, lemon into thin slices and layer on foil/parchment (I also toss in basil, up to you though)
Season the veggies with salt/pepper to taste and hit it with some olive oil or a few slices of butter
Lay fish ( I usually use a cheap whitefish but up to you) on top of the veggies, season both sides of fish with salt/pepper
Toss some more lemon and olive oil/butter on top of fish
Roll foil/paper into a sealed pouch and put in baking pan in a 350* oven for 20-30 minutes

You can serve this with some plain rice or pasta as there will be a nice broth/sauce in the pouch.
This will serve 2-4 people depending on how much fish for just a few bucks and is quick, simple and cheap.

I have plenty of other cheap/easy meals but this is probably the easiest to prep and clean up for only a couple dollars.

--- End quote ---

that sounds really good, and easy. If you want to send me more recipes like that I'm all ears...err eyes. adambmx1990@yahoo.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version