The Street > The Lounge

Selling over Instagram?

(1/2) > >>

montymitch:
How the hell do I do this safely? I've got a buyer for my bike that I connected with over Instagram. How do I make sure that I'm not getting scammed, and how do I prove to him that I'm not scamming?I want to complete this sale without getting screwed--what advice does BG have for me here?

LeonLikesToRock:
paypal?

Cellmember:
Paypal is the shittiest way to sell, you can get scammed real easy, I would suggest bank deposit or cash in hand (ie meet up).

Just search paypal seller protection, I've seen a few people get done in for selling via paypal and there are countless other stories on the subject to.

Paypal used to be good a few back, not anymore, one example, buyer can claim item isn't as described even though it is to a T, paypal can then decide to automatically refund the buyer you lose both ways, paypal is good for buying not selling, I'm sure anyone who has used paypal a fair amount of times knows what I talking about, there is ZERO seller protection. Fuck Paypal.

montymitch:
Thanks for the input. I've personally never had to deal with PayPal drama, though I have read enough stories to be concerned and I've had a bit of trouble with eBay recently. Maybe it's just confirmation bias. It would be nice if I could just meet him in person.

Stoked:
Grindr?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version