The Street > The Lounge

how do i pay my taxes?

(1/2) > >>

blueee:
my mom has always done it for me but last year i worked october without her knowledge and never filed them on my own.
1099 self-employed contractor worker
I had the form sent to a house i no longer live in. months later i asked my boss to resend it to me and he said call the irs and have them send the form to my house. well its been about 13months and i just went to call them to have the form sent to me and they said they only return calls during tax season!  how can i even find out when tax season is if they dont answer their calls???

blueee:
another question, if i only work like 3 months of the year, what do i put as my monthly income? zero or like a buttload? or do i kinda spread it out throughout the year? i imagine zero would be in my best interest?

sokoloka:

--- Quote from: blueee on November 21, 2016, 06:27:24 PM ---well its been about 13months and i just went to call them to have the form sent to me and they said they only return calls during tax season! 

--- End quote ---

There is not a chance this is true.  It's always tax season; between quarterly tax estimations, non-calendar based fiscal years and the like.  Keep calling.

Alex.:
This thread is fucking gold.

Don't even file. Fuck the 5-0.

But for real, look up the requirements on when you need to file. If you made under a certain amount you don't have to file in that state. I don't know how much you made in those three months but usually it's like if you made under like $15,000 you don't have to file. It varies from state to state so don't hold that near and dear.

Sasper:
damn, it is so good to live in Estonia, all I have to do is go on the customs / tax website and log on with my estonian Id Card and click yes yes confirm etc and the taxes are done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version