The Street > The Lounge

My plans are to move to the LA area in under two years.

<< < (4/6) > >>

weedbix:

--- Quote from: Alex. on November 18, 2017, 09:55:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Professor Horatio Hufnagel on November 03, 2017, 05:46:26 AM ---Socal might be jarring if you are used to Wisconsin. Norcal is still hella clement

--- End quote ---

How you mean?

--- End quote ---

SoCal can get pretty warm

Trail-Boss:
Some thoughts,

I moved from NJ to Orange County CA about 8 years ago, with nothing but a backpack full of clothes and a Job Offer. It was definitely no cake walk, but I do enjoy my decision to move here as working full time at a bike shop is difficult when there is only business for 7-9 months of the year. Additionally there are many BMX and MTB brands located here so I was able to get my foot in the door in an engineering position and get out of the bike shop.

Overall if you can get a job transfer, are good by yourself for some periods of time and are willing to work hard, you will be happy with your decision. However, I do miss the seasons as we only have temperatures between 65-95 here, so its really just a long spring/summer combo. There are no trees with leaves that change colors, no rain, sandy trails but TONS of nice concrete outdoor skateparks.

Now that I have been here for almost 10 years I want to move to colorado next. Life is an adventure, why live just one place?

Alex.:

--- Quote from: Trail-Boss on June 22, 2018, 11:42:14 AM ---Some thoughts,

I moved from NJ to Orange County CA about 8 years ago, with nothing but a backpack full of clothes and a Job Offer. It was definitely no cake walk, but I do enjoy my decision to move here as working full time at a bike shop is difficult when there is only business for 7-9 months of the year. Additionally there are many BMX and MTB brands located here so I was able to get my foot in the door in an engineering position and get out of the bike shop.

Overall if you can get a job transfer, are good by yourself for some periods of time and are willing to work hard, you will be happy with your decision. However, I do miss the seasons as we only have temperatures between 65-95 here, so its really just a long spring/summer combo. There are no trees with leaves that change colors, no rain, sandy trails but TONS of nice concrete outdoor skateparks.

Now that I have been here for almost 10 years I want to move to colorado next. Life is an adventure, why live just one place?

--- End quote ---

True that.

I fucking hate people tat say that miss the seasons though. Fuck -30 degree weather and fuck snow in general.

Alex.:
Being by myself isn't an issue, I've been doing it for 8 years now. lol.

Closing in on a location though. Culver City is looking real prime.

Trail-Boss:
Culver city is alright but next to some major shitholeage.

Will you be working over there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version