The Street > The Bike Shop

Odyssey clutch v2 opinions

<< < (3/5) > >>

JohnW:

--- Quote from: Bunky on February 08, 2019, 01:24:00 PM ---and even those broke all the time and required a decent amount of work to extract the outside races.

--- End quote ---
Headset star nut with the prongs bent a bit. You can also order a slightly smaller one for office furniture legs, since I used the headset one for 6902s. Hammer it in, flip the driver over, hammer the bearing race out, then flip that over in a vice and hammer the star nut out to reuse.

Dr. Steve Brule:
I'm miles behind, was the Ody one the infamous G-Coaster.

weedbix:
No. The Ody one is still axial clutch

Bunky:

--- Quote from: JohnW on February 12, 2019, 08:26:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bunky on February 08, 2019, 01:24:00 PM ---and even those broke all the time and required a decent amount of work to extract the outside races.

--- End quote ---
Headset star nut with the prongs bent a bit. You can also order a slightly smaller one for office furniture legs, since I used the headset one for 6902s. Hammer it in, flip the driver over, hammer the bearing race out, then flip that over in a vice and hammer the star nut out to reuse.

--- End quote ---

That is brilliant.  For a long time I had a bar end that I cut a grove into and could tighten it into the race and hammer it out with a punch from the other side, but I lost it around the time I moved to Raleigh.  About the time I moved here, I got an Ezra, though, and a Clutch v1 not too much later, and a Profile after that, so most of the broken bearings I deal with now are from other people's hubs I'm just helping out.

Hairfarmer:
I'm running a KHE Astern that I've had for maybe 9 years and I've never had to open it up ever. The worst thing that happened was the slack adjustment screw in the axle fell out one day but I fixed that with some thread tape and it's been good since.
To keep it on topic, I have a friend with a clutch v2 and he says minimum slack isn't small enough. Probably not an issue for most freecoaster riders though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version